Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Temple Visit *o*



Temple :)




Every once a year some members of an lds church get a chance to either visit the temple or get baptised for the dead at the temple in Hamilton. On the 19th of July some members from my lds church left home about 9:30 and was in the bus about 10:00.


During the whole bus ride to Hamilton, I plugged in my earphones relaxed on my chair and day dream ed outside the window. Throw out the whole ride I was relaxed, but also very exciting about what I was going to for those who are passed.

Later that morning, the bus arrived in Hamilton, in the afternoon about 12:50. While driving up the Temple view already you could get the perfect view of the Temple. As heads come of shoulders and peak up to see the top of the Temple from inside the bus, we enter the gate to the Graceful Temple.


The bus pulled up on the side of the parking, then everybody grabbed their cameras, iphones, and other devices to take photos of the temple. No camera’s, devices or food was allowed in the temple, it was that special that you’d have to whisper to people that are right next to you. Not just long ago it was our ward’s turn to enter the temple for our baptism.


Members of our ward (Mt Wellington) waited in a small waiting room, in the temple while the leaders, and adults, get dressed. Our Bishop, called out a roll and asked us to line up after been called. Workers of the temple leaded us, young women down stairs to grab our baptism clothes, then get changed and wait quietly in front of the baptism window. Meanwhile waiting for the girls to get dressed and start the ceremony together.

After one another, baptism it was my turn to make my family proud and get baptised for my aunty's that are needing me. I drag myself into the water, and hold the hand of Andrew (person baptising me). As Andrew raise his hand and start the speaking, and I started to shiver and feel tears of happiness running down my checks. I had to get baptised three times for each person. Later I walk up the stairs out of the water and sat on a chair to get blessed, I walked out and walking up the stairs I could hear little voices whispering " Thank you my precious niece I love you with all my heart". As soon as I heard the whispering, I knew straight away it was my dearly aunty's thanking me for the baptism for them.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.